Wednesday, September 19, 2007

my sister

I miss my sister. We don't keep in touch enough. We need to be better at that. We've always been really close, but what's funny is we've also both been very independent. I don't think either one of us has really been homesick. Well, I'm not sure, she might have had a few moments when she was in New York but I think at the time she was just in a difficult place and she definitely wasn't that happy with where she was. Other than that though, I mean, I went to camp when I was in 6th or 7th grade. I flew all the way across the country and it never occurred to me to call home... not once while I was gone. I also know that I'm just not that good at keeping in touch with people either. I think my grandmother and I have that in common as well... I should call her this weekend...

Hold close to your family, to your loved ones. They're always going to be there for you, through thick and thin. They may have their own strong opinions about things but that's just because they care about you so much. Either way, they're always on your side.

Love you lil' sis!

~Gwen

No comments: