Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Love for Friends

Back in June when I visited California, I met up with an old high school friend of mine. His roommate happened to be another old high school friend of mine, but at the time I visited, Chris was unavailable. I was sad. Then I found out that Chris had gotten a part with Evita! and would be starting his National tour with the group in Chattanooga! So last Thursday, I get this last minute call. He's playing that night and Friday night. I busted my buns to get my work done by Friday afternoon (and let me tell you... that was rough) and, forgetting that there is an hour time difference between Nashville and Chattanooga, I then skipped dinner and left straight from work to make it to the show on time.

I got there at 7:56pm for the 8pm show , bought a ticket (row Q seat 9, right up front and just off center... awesome), and the lights went down. I had made it with seconds to spare. Chris was awesome. He was in the Ensemble that night, but he had a couple of solo parts and I was so proud of him! It was a great show. I wish I had gotten to meet the guy that played Che, Omar I think it was... he was amazing.

After the show, Chris and I met up and wandered off to a quiet corner of a bar to catch up for a couple of hours. It was so good to see him again. I'm so bad at keeping in touch with people, but I still cherish moments when I do finally get to reconnect with old friends. I had a great night, even though I got home at 1:45am. :)

~Gwen

No comments: