Thursday, June 21, 2007

Starting out

One has to start somewhere, so where better than at the beginning...

No, you're right, that might be a bit excessive. Why don't we just start from where we are now.

I got back a couple of weeks ago from this year's main family vacation. We had a great 10 days in the lovely state of California and my family and I hit Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, San Diego Zoo (and the trolley tour), and a bit of LA (Kodak Theatre on the night of Al Pacino's AFI Lifetime achievement award, to be precise). All in all, a great time, and a very relaxing vacation. Didn't even hurt to go back to work, because life was just too darn cool to be upset about it. :)

Now today, I had visit number four of my five Laser Hair Removal treatments, and let me tell you something. This stuff HURTS!! Smarted like a devil. I definitely see an epidural in my future, because I apparently have a lower pain tolerance than I thought I did. Geez. I have to say, though, even though right after the treatment I stung like a banshee and had red welts all over my legs, the redness is basically gone now and my legs look normal again. But from the smell of burning hair in the room today, I think we killed off a number of folicles that will never see the light of day again. So mission accomplished I suppose. The nurses themselves, however, will do well in their off hours for a little extra cash as dominatrix types, though. Shoot, if I paid for this treatment myself, imagine who else might. They've got my recommendation.

One last note for the day. If you haven't found my myspace website yet, and you love music, take a look. I'm trying to support the singer/songwriter talents in Nashville and San Diego, and my friend Matt Martino has his 1st CD release party coming up in July. Two parties, actually, and I'm totally stoked to see him where he is right now. We're going to have a big bash in downtown Nashville on July 28th at BB Kings, so if you want more info, let me know.

www.myspace.com/gwenbanks

Thanks for reading!!
Gwen

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Finally...you joined the blog community! Welcome to the club!! All I have to say about this one is..."SMARTED"????? Why don't you just say HURT!!!??? Tee Hee!!