Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cichlids

I went to Aquatic Critter yesterday to check out options for some more food for the cichlids. I'm running low, and I needed to find something that maybe my littlest one would eat, because he hasn't grown like his siblings since I got them.

Anyways, here's how they came to be.

My coworker had three blood parrots, two of which mated and had babies. Unlikely to begin with. The four babies from that brood were more of a light pink color than the bright orange of the parents. And the tails at least weren't as deformed as the parents. Then a male from one of those babies, the light pink ones I mean, mated with the other female blood parrot that she had. Doubly unlikely. Mine are the babies from that pairing. I'll have to see if I can get pics of the mom and dad.



So here they are. An unlikely bunch, and mutts to boot, but I like them a lot. :)

~Gwen

No comments: